- While most coins recorded fresh lows on Tuesday, Ripple’s XRP was the least affected by the bearish trend in the market as it has dropped to only a three month-low. XRP has managed to retain its spot as the top altcoin as ETH continues to slump, with no signs of immediate recovery.
- Binance is planning to make XRP as the base of its trading platform as the community prefers the virtual coin to be the main token. XRP is already the base coin in cryptocurrency exchanges— CoinField Exchange, XRP United Exchanges. The virtual coin, known for its speed and cheaper transaction fees, is expected to attract more users to trade on the platform.
- Capital investors can now get nm assurance for their large investments, thanks to XRP Coinbase Custody. Coinbase‘s custodian service aids hedge funds and institutional investors in storing and funding cryptocurrency. It also offers insurance coverage for stored assets.
- Proving most analysts wrong, top cryptocurrency Bitcoin has tumbled down below its support level to $5,500 last week. Its price had been hovering over $6,500 since September. Its total market value dropped 12.6% to $86.67 billion within a few hours on Monday.
Stellar Lumens (XLM)
- The price of Stellar Lumens [XLM] has dropped more than ever after breaching the previous resistance level. The fourth largest cryptocurrency, at the time of writing, was trading at $0.212915, down 9.1% against the U.S. dollar with its market cap hovering around $4.41 billion.
- A new lab report has revealed that EOS needs to rebuild its infrastructure as its consensus algorithm does not function as expected. With respect to design, EOS resembles a traditional bunch of servers rather than a decentralized blockchain, the report noted.
- Data from EOS Block Explorer showed EOS now has a combined market cap of $776 million while the figure stands at $6.18 billion for all EOS-based tokens combined.
- Litecoin, the seventh most valuable crypto, has dropped to below $40 for the first time since September last year. Currently, LTC has nosedived 13% against the U.S. dollar to trade at $0.978892. In the last week alone, its value has dropped 72%.
- In a recent Twitter post, TRON Foundation announced the addition of TRX on the Huobi Wallet, a platform that supports various currencies and acts as an exchange between different chains.
Image via Shutterstock
Join our Telegram Group